Current Job Openings
Senior Web Developer (Cape Town Office)
We require a Senior Web Developer in our Cape Town office with minimum 5+ year’s recent development experience, with knowledge of the latest PHP standards and technology.
Minimum applicants’ requirements as follows:
- Minimum 5+ years recent development experience. Formal qualification is a plus. (Don’t apply if you don’t have the minimum experience)
- Exposure to the full software life cycle.
- Experience developing high performance, scalable, reliable web sites.
- Proven experience meeting deadlines and delivering quality code.
- Development skills:
- Strong OO development skills using PHP 5 (expert) and above.
- MySQL Intermediate (expert preferred).
- HTML, XHTML, XHTML-MP (Expert).
- MVC framework experience required (Kohana, CodeIgnitor, Laravel, Yii, Symfony, etc).
- Apache (expert).
- Must have experience architecting, building and using web services api’s (REST, SOAP etc).
The following skills are NON-NEGOTIABLE
- XML and XSLT transformation experience.
- C# ASP.Net experience
- Design patterns.
- Responsive design.
- RESTful Web Services and ASP.NET MVC
- Networking and DNS (intermediate).
- Version control systems – CVS/SVN/GIT (intermediate).
- Knowledge of jQuery is a plus
- Applicant must be able to interact and work with a dynamic and ambitious team.
- Well spoken with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive and motivated attitude.
- Applicant has a strong ethos of writing high quality applications they are proud of.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with genuine interest in technology.
- Can work with little supervision, proactive and takes on responsibility for code and applications developed.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and meet agreed deadlines.
- Must have a good understanding of user interfaces.